Sunday, April 3, 2011

Casey's 8th Birthday

It's a well known fact that I am done having children. But every birthday my kids have breaks my heart. I hate that they are growing older. I don't want another baby, I want my kids to STAY young. Like most mothers, I hate the thought of a day where my kids won't need me as much, won't feel the need to talk to me every day, the day I can't carry them or kiss their boo-boos. It's just around the corner, and I dread it. So, despite my begging, Casey's now 8. Eight feels old to me. Next year, third grade. I can do third grade. Third graders get me. Casey had a sleep over for her party. Starkey and I survived a night with 8 kids in the house. This is how it went. They were all well behaved and QUIET! At one point, I had to remind myself that we had that many kids in our house.

This is why we have 7 American Girl Dolls. Noone had to share! It did take me an hour to pick up this mess!




No comments: